Metasploit mailing list archives

Localization?

From: takuan4 at gmail.com (takuan4 at gmail.com)
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 08:24:05 +0900

Living legend HD Moore.
Big fan of the framework...

I just have one issue in that i'm doing penetration testing in Japan
and when i get a shell or meterpreter, etc.. all of the Japanese
characters come out garbled. On the 3.x branch i can type in Japanese
text and it looks like its being displayed fine but it doesnt get out
to the other end alright. (ie. I tried "cd <japanese dir name>" to a test
dir i created but i
got some garbled error). I didnt have any luck with 2.x. I saved the pcap
with
wireshark and imported into a Japanese sniffer and was able to then
read the characters. It looks like its using JIS or EUC encoding. So i
have two quesions

1. Do you know of any way to get different encodings across sessions to
work?
2. Is there a way to not use the default MSF nc listener for say
reverse shells and use my own instead (hopefully i can find one that
supports EUC).

Any other ideas i could try?

Thanks much for your time.