Metasploit mailing list archives

staging attack proxy

From: jerome.athias at free.fr (Jerome Athias)
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 17:11:37 +0100

Valter Santos a ?crit :
Folks,

is there any support for staging attack proxies on metasploit (v2.7 or
v3.0), searching the docs I don't see anything.

What I want to mean with this is if it is possible to upload a
"metasploit agent" to a compromised system and proxy attack through it
(much in the terms of level1 agents on core impact). I think i read
something about this for metasploit, but cannot find any info.

cheers,
/valter

Hi,

meterpreter will actually not create a MSF instance on the target
but it will give you a way to upload a tiny proxy server (ie 3proxy) on
the target an use the first compromised machine as a proxy
btw, you can also use a proxy (chain) directly with the MSF

you can also use meterpreter to upload a programming interface (ie
perl.exe) (on Linux you will probably allready find one)
(remember also of /silent installation like for winpcap...)

/JA