Metasploit mailing list archives

Metasploit Framework Updates

From: hdm at metasploit.com (H D Moore)
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 21:30:21 -0500

Hi everyone,

This is a just a quick review of some recent updates:

mcafee_epolicy_source: This module exploits an unpublished (and unpatched)
vulnerability in the McAfee ePolicy Manager server. Muts discovered this
flaw in July and published the advisory about an hour ago:
http://www.remote-exploit.org/advisories/mcafee-epo.pdf

ie_webview_setslice: Due to popular demand, this exploit has been ported
to the 2.6 source tree, and a few new evasion methods were added for fun.
A friend of mine discovered a much more reliable way of exploiting this
bug, so we can look forward to much better version in the future.

ie_createobject: The object order has been changed to allow the
interesting bugs to be used first. This module was released a couple
months ago and actually includes a still-unpatched vulnerability in a
control shipped with WMI SDK. It pays to look closely :-)

ie_vml_rectfill: The new MSB reference was added and the randomized
variables are now guaranteed to be at least 8 characters long (versus 2
before).

netapi_ms06_040: Support for auto-detection of NT 4.0 targets has been
added to this module (its had it for a while, but I forgot to upload it).
A return address fo the stack overflow method was submitted for the
Italian version of Windows XP SP1 by diaul.

Thats it for now -- use msfupdate or download a 2.6 snapshot.

-HD