Metasploit mailing list archives

Broken NOP Sled :(

From: Glinares at PCOnsite.com (Greg Linares)
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 12:29:32 -0700

Thanks for the response, actually I got it to work instead of using a
JMP to EAX I used a POP EBP, RET combination to restore the base pointer
and that ran the shellcode successfully.

Thanks for reminding me about NX, although after toying with it, it
seems the exploits works with or without the NX bit (in this case DDE
for Windows 2003 SP1)