Metasploit mailing list archives

Winamp Playlist UNC Path Computer Name Overflow

From: sonixxfx at gmail.com (Sonixxfx)
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 20:43:18 +0200

Hi,

I am learning to write exploits, and at the moment I am trying to write an
exploit for the Winamp Playlist UNC Path Computer Name Overflow
vulnerability.
The problem is that I am unable to detemine what the bad characters are. To
me it looks like every character I send passes, because I can find all of
them back in the memory window, and I have used all ascii characters.

I have provided a screenshot. The metasploit source shows that one of the
bad characters is "0x2f" but to me it looks like it is not filtered because
I can see it in the memory and stack window of Ollydbg.

Can somone explain to me what I am doing wrong here?

Thanks.

Regards,

Ben