Metasploit mailing list archives

Legal question (Metasploit Framework License v1.1)

From: lex001 at gmx.de (Dennis Günnewig)
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 19:27:43 +0100

Oh, this is why i look for this section unsuccessfully to show it a
colleague. ;)

Thx for your explanations! Have a nice evening

Dennis G?nnewig

Am 10.12.2006, 07:10 Uhr, schrieb H D Moore <hdm at metasploit.com>:

The non-commercial restrictions apply to anyone redistributing the
software, providing the software on a "leased" platform (MSSP appliance),
or otherwise charging money for access to the software.

The license has been updated (v1.2) with the only change being the
removal
of "solely for Your personal and non-commercial use" from section 2.

This change should make your use of the software for internal and
commercial penetration legal, as long as you stay within the bounds of
the other restrictions.

If in doubt, hire a lawyer :-)

-HD