Metasploit mailing list archives

proftpd exploit

From: mmiller at hick.org (mmiller at hick.org)
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 19:01:58 -0800

On Wed, Nov 29, 2006 at 03:22:59AM +0100, Dane Krapchev wrote:
I don't know if you have seen it (probably you did) but that russian
fellow who posted an ad of his website offering 0days for nominal fee
here, released the proftpd exploit for 1.3.0 in metasploit 2.x style.
I was wondering if you guys are working on it, like porting it to
metasploit 3.0 adding new targets, perhaps generalizing/porting the
target so it will work on different linux and bsd distributions.

No plans for the near future (both myself and HD are short on free time
at the moment).  If anyone is interested in taking a stab at it before
we get around to it, go for it!  Looking at the module, it doesn't seem
like it would take a great deal of effort to port it.