Metasploit mailing list archives

Metasploit Framework 3.0 Beta 2 (SVN)

From: hdm at metasploit.com (H D Moore)
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 20:42:43 -0500

Hi everyone,

I am happy to annouce that the second (and possibly last) Beta release of
version 3.0 is now available for download.

If you would like to discuss the beta release with other users
please subscribe to the framework-beta mailing list by sending a blank
email to framework-beta-subscribe[at]metasploit.com. Please keep all
replies related to the beta release off of the main framework
mailing list in order to spare the bandwidth of those not interested.

Downloads for all platforms can be found here:
 - http://metasploit.com/projects/Framework/msf3/#download

Unix users may need to install the openssl zlib and dl ruby modules for
the Framework to load. If you are using Ubuntu run the following
commands:
# apt-get install libzlib-ruby
# apt-get install libopenssl-ruby
# apt-get install libdl-ruby

User of other distributions or Unix flavors may want to grab the latest
version of ruby from www.ruby-lang.org and build it from source.

Windows users will need to exit out of any running Cygwin-based
applications before running the installer or using the Framework. We
really tried to work with the native ruby interpreter for Windows but
numerous io/readline/stdin issues came up and we will try again once the
code base gets a little more stable.

The release packages now include Subversion repository information
allowing to synchronize your Beta 2 installation with the live
development tree. The Windows installer includes a "msfupdate" script
that uses Subversion to download the latest updates but Unix users will
need to install Subversion change into the framework directory and
execute 'svn update'.

On Unix systems Subversion will complain about the self-signed certificate
in use at metasploit.com. Please verify that the fingerprint matches the
text below before accepting it:

===
- The certificate is not issued by a trusted authority. Use the
fingerprint to validate the certificate manually!
Certificate information:
- Hostname: metasploit.com
- Valid: from Jun 3 06:56:22 2005 GMT until Mar 31 06:56:22 2007 GMT
- Issuer: Development, The Metasploit Project, San Antonio, Texas, US
- Fingerprint: 1f:a2:8e:ad:14:57:53:75:b7:ab:de:67:e8:fa:17:49:76:f2:ee:ad
(R)eject, accept (t)emporarily or accept (p)ermanently?
===

Thanks!

-HD

PS. Check out the new web site design: http://metasploit.com/