Metasploit mailing list archives

VML exploit

From: hdm at metasploit.com (H D Moore)
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 11:34:04 -0500

On Thursday 28 September 2006 10:07, Zenon wrote:
I have checked setSlice() module on WinSP2 Rus it's successfull about
30-40% of all case. In most cases IE jush simple down (without error
message). Is any chance to increase success exploration?

Probably, but after poking at it for two months, this is as reliable as I
want to make it. If anyone finds a way to increase reliability, let me
know.

About v3.0. It will be greate to have simple download-and-exec (via
URLDownloadToFileA) payload!

I will look at porting the 2.x one over sometime.

-HD