Metasploit mailing list archives

win32_reverse_meterpreter question

From: elite_netbios at yahoo.com (Hamid . K)
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 05:40:23 -0700 (PDT)

Hi ,

I checked this new update in my recent pen-test.
My test-bed was a hardened web-server with cool tricks implemented
to restrict access to RPC and registry ,and of course these changes
made many trickes and tools ( like PwDump )useless. even process-injection
failed with orginal hardened configurations.

I thought it would be cool to give new SamJucer a try .
As I was expected , it failed to work but the crash was stil there
which it`s side effect is corrupting network authentications.

but it had also an unexpected effect for me . after that crash
I could not load "Net" module of Meterpreter (MSFv2.6)anymore .
how ever other modules works in same condition.

Regards
Hamid.

--- H D Moore <hdm at metasploit.com> wrote:

A similar fix was made to the 3.0 tree (thanks Skape!).

-HD