Metasploit mailing list archives

glibc detected *** double free or corruption

From: sebastiaan.veenstra at gmail.com (Sebastiaan Veenstra)
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 15:52:52 +0200

Hi,

As far as i know, the newer glibc version are using some kind of protection
mechanism against malloc overflows. When the boundary information between
chunks is overwritten due to a overflow, glibc will detect. I don't know a
technique to bypass this mechanism. I'd be glad if someone can provide me
with information about bypassing this protection mechanism.

Greets,

Sebastiaan Veenstra