Metasploit mailing list archives

error in samba_trans2open

From: sandalwood at inMail24.com (sandalwood)
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 13:50:16 -0800

Hi,

Do I need to provide some other information?  Is this a known bug?

I get this error consistently, on any platform, with any proper
configuration of all variables.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006, 3:50:46 AM, I wrote:
I tried samba_trans2open exploit run from both unix and win32
platforms, and always receive same error:

[*] WARNING: Use of uninitialized value in numeric ne (!=) at
    /x/framework-2.5/lib/Pex/SMB.pm line 1206.
[*] WARNING: Use of uninitialized value in numeric ne (!=) at
    /x/framework-2.5/lib/Pex/SMB.pm line 1211.
[*] WARNING: Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string
    at /x/framework-2.5/lib/Pex/SMB.pm line 1212.
[*] Error negotiating protocol

This is 2.5 with latest updates. I get the same error no matter my
test platform, whether i'm just doing a check or exploit command
either.  Also tried using a different encoder than PEX but i don't
think thats related despite the directory name.

* Zoner PhotoStudio 8 - Your Photos perfect, shared, organised! www.zoner.com/zps