Metasploit mailing list archives

wmf never worked on my default winxp ever

From: draino at gmail.com (Josh Chaney)
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 14:16:55 -0700

Your configuration is somehow different. I've tried it on quite a few
machines here at work, as well as some family members. All exploited without
a hitch. It sounds like the picture/fax viewer is not installed and it's
treating the file like any other file that it doesn't know what to open it
with. I can assure you that this happens on SP2.

      -Josh