Metasploit mailing list archives

PassiveX DLL restrictions

From: benheinkel at securitynerds.org (Ben Heinkel)
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 22:52:19 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

Recently stumbled over win32_passivex to help with several issues I faced
exploiting systems in proxy environments.

Trying to demonstrate this, I used the winamp_playlist_unc exploit,
combined with the win32_passivex payload. However, my IE gives me a
warning of "passivex.dll - Windows has blocked this software because it
can't verify the publisher". With IE security settings on Low it would
allow you to install this DLL, but only after prompting.

Has anybody worked with this payload extensively, any idea on getting
around this ?

Thanks,
Ben