Metasploit mailing list archives

msfpayload problem ( Multistage payloads only return first stage )

From: mmiller at hick.org (mmiller at hick.org)
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 09:06:13 -0600

On Fri, Dec 02, 2005 at 05:06:24AM -0800, Hamid . K wrote:
Based on a previous comment from H.D.Moor ,I tried to
use
msfpayload to output the payload to a binary as
following :

msfpayload win32_bind_meterpreter LPORT=999 X

It should work fine for normal payloads , but in case
of multi-staged ones ,I`m faced with the error :
"Warning: Multistage payloads only return first stage"

so , I can not use this method . any idea ? :>

Also, for what it's worth, the 3.0 version of the framework will display
all stages in a payload.