Metasploit mailing list archives

Cygwin problems

From: justin.heath at gmail.com (Justin Heath)
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 22:17:47 -0600

All,
 I am trying to get framework 2.5 running under Cygwin 1.5.18-1. I read thru
the docs and first try to compile the Net_SSLeay and Term-Readline modules.
The Net_SSLeay module builds with no problems. However, the Term-Readline
module fails to build because it is trying to compile with both -static and
-shared options. I the edit the Makefile and remove -static from
OTHERLDFLAGS. The module appears to build and install fine at this point. I
run thru the rebase/rebaseall etc. and when I think I am all done and go to
launch msfconsole I get a segmentation fault. I have tried this on a couple
of different systems (same Cygwin and framework versions) with the same
result. Any help is appreciated.
 Thanks,
Justin