Metasploit mailing list archives

IE/WMP 0-day, German Opcodes, MSF3

From: hdm at metasploit.com (H D Moore)
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 20:44:30 -0600

Hello,

I just ported the (new?) ".wmf" overflow to the Metasploit Framework
(2.x). This seems to be an unpatched overflow in Windows Media Player 8.x
and above. I tested this module against Win XP SP1 and SP2. The module
name is 'ie_wmpwmf' and it is available through msfupdate or the latest
2.5 snapshot.

- http://metasploit.com/projects/Framework/exploits.html#ie_wmpwmf

Skape imported the Windows system files for Windows XP SP0/SP1 for the
German language into the Opcode Database. These are accessible via the
'msfopcode' client in the MSF3 alpha-r1 release or through the
metasploit.com web site.

The next alpha release of MSF3 will likely be this week - thanks again to
all of the people who submitted code, patches, and bug reports.

-HD