Metasploit mailing list archives

Exploit prevention and bypassing exploit prevention

From: shellsangel at gmail.com (shells angel)
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 15:22:31 +0100

Hi,

At the moment I am trying to compose a list of exploit prevention systems(
e.g. stackguard) per vulnerability type(stack overflow, malloc overflow,
format string, etc). I'd also like to create a list, per protection system,
of known possibilities to bypass such protection systems(i.e. return into
lib c for non-executable stacks). Can someone help me out with creating such
a list or provide me with links to such information.

Thanks in advance,

Shellsangel

ps.

Are malloc overflows history?? Because my Debian system with libc 2.3.5 on
it seems to have some kind of mechanisn preventing me from exploiting a
malloc overflow by corrupting the chunk information.