Metasploit mailing list archives

McAfee VirusScan vs Metasploit Framework v2.x

From: cbyrd01 at gmail.com (Chris Byrd)
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 14:25:55 -0600

This got my installation a few weeks ago, but isn't this a good thing?

It also considers pwdump, nmap, and other programs "Potentially
Unwanted Programs" (PUP).

I'd rather know if someone is installing this stuff on company PCs.
The label "Trojan" might not be right, but I wouldn't mind if it is
considered a PUP.

If you don't want it nuking your tools, then with McAfee on-access
scanning, you can exclude files or directories on specific computers
or by group.