Metasploit mailing list archives

Fwd: Re: metasploit2.4 with buggy UTF-8 in Perl 5.8.0 ?

From: hminwell at yahoo.com (H Minwell)
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 02:12:04 -0700 (PDT)

copy for this list

--- H Minwell <hminwell at yahoo.com> wrote:

Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 02:09:28 -0700 (PDT)
From: H Minwell <hminwell at yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [framework] metasploit2.4 with buggy
UTF-8 in Perl 5.8.0 ?
To: H D Moore <hdm at metasploit.com>

Thx Moore!

It sounds like you installed a new version of
Perl,
but still have the old
one at /usr/bin/perl. Make sure that the perl
interpreter
at /usr/bin/perl is the new one:

$ /usr/bin/perl -V

This command tell me that the new version of
Perl(5.8.0)
works well in /usr/bin.

You can run the new interpreter manually:

$ perl msfconsole

BrokenUTF8() return me the same error of buggy UTF-8
implementing.

This command should show /usr/bin/perl:
$ which perl

This command tell me the interpreter of Perl(5.8.0)
is
in the proper position: /usr/bin.

Anymore hint? I am puzzled :-(

Thx & Regards

Minwell

On Monday 19 September 2005 22:28, H Minwell