Metasploit mailing list archives

Online Update Proxy Support

From: hdm at metasploit.com (H D Moore)
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 14:50:03 -0500

Hello everyone,

Due to popular demand, proxy support has been added to msfupdate. Only
HTTP "CONNECT" and SOCKSv4 proxies are currently supported. If you would
like support for a different type of proxy, please contact me off-list.
The latest version of msfupdate can be obtained via the "snapshot"
download and of course via msfupdate :-)

Some quick examples:

$ msfupdate -u -p http:my_http_proxy:3128
$ msfupdate -u -p socks4:my_socks_proxy:1080

If you are stuck behind an unsupported proxy, but you have access to an
external system via SSH, you can use OpenSSH's dynamic proxy feature with
msfupdate (and the Proxies variable in the actual Framework):

my_inside_box $ ssh -D1080 user at external.bom
my_inside_box $ msfupdate -u -p socks4:127.0.0.1:1080

-HD