Metasploit mailing list archives

Error creating socket: Connection failed: Operation now in progress

From: hdm at metasploit.com (H D Moore)
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 03:08:29 -0500

If you are behind a proxy server, you need to configure the framework to
use that proxy for the connection. The user guide mentions the proxy
support (briefly) at:
http://metasploit.com/projects/Framework/docs/userguide/node30.html

Assuming this is a standard HTTP proxy, the syntax from msfconsole is:
msf> setg Proxies http:<ip of proxy>:<port of proxy>
msf> save

(you will need to then unsetg Proxies when using it from the LAN)

If this is a SOCKS4 compatible proxy server, just replace http with
'socks4'. The framework does not support proxies that require user
authentication at this time (MSProxy with NTLM, etc).

We stress-tested the proxy support a long time ago, but it is one of the
lesser-used features and may still have some bugs.

-HD