Metasploit mailing list archives

Multi-Languages OPcodes DB

From: mmiller at hick.org (mmiller at hick.org)
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 07:37:23 -0500

On Fri, Aug 26, 2005 at 11:37:04AM +0200, Jerome Athias wrote:
Hi,

as you probably all know, Windows DLLs have different base addresses
across Windows/SP/languages
so i think it could be usefull to try to build a multi-lang opcodes
database, isn't it?
so, i have done VERY QUICKLY a little package based on a .BAT and some
tools :

The Metasploit opcode database was designed to be able to support
multiple locales.  It's really just a matter of us getting some time to
install all these different versions of the locales (we have access to
different installations, so it's not that much of a problem).  We have a
generic importer script that will take care of importing all the
currently supported opcodes in the database.  This is something that
we've actually talked about doing recently, so it may happen sooner than
later.