Metasploit mailing list archives

'glibc detected - double free or corruption'

From: theart at adib.nl (Arthur Donkers)
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 08:34:32 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I ran into the same problem when using scanrand2 on Fedora Core 3. The
solution is to set MALLOC_CHECK_ to 0 (zero) and not to 1 like thus:

export MALLOC_CHECK_=0

The glibc of Fedorea Core 3 seems to have been compiled with ultra paranoid
set so any free that looks suspicious will generate this error and kill
the 'offending' process.

Goog luck,

Arthur