Metasploit mailing list archives

meterpreter,still not reliable ?

From: elite_netbios at yahoo.com (Hamid . K)
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 02:16:00 -0700 (PDT)

Hi ,

during checking new release of MSF ,
I finally saw meterpreter as an added payload to list
:)
thak you metasploit crew ,

I went to see how it really works  , in a real-world
use . not sure if it was my problem or framework when
"win32_bind_meterpreter" as selected payload ,
but about 6 of 10 attempts fail on this payload .
note that I was using WINS module . how ever WINS
module
included in MSF is not perfect but it works on normal
cases .
any special comment while using "meterpreter" as
payload ?

+
will we see any linux ver. of this payload ? :>

regards
Hamid