Metasploit mailing list archives

Metasploit Framework Updates

From: hdm at metasploit.com (H D Moore)
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 02:27:04 -0500

Hello everyone,

We just pushed out updates for the DCERPC API in version 2.4 of the
Metasploit Framework. All DCERPC-enabled exploits have been modified to
take advantage of the new BindFakeMulti() function. Theoretically, this
will prevent a few signature-based intrusion detection systems from
detecting these exploits. Since Cisco has decided to tag all SMB traffic
with the word "metasploit" in it as suspicious, we went ahead and removed
that from the SMB API as well ;-) There are still many different ways to
signature the Metasploit exploit modules, but this was an easy (and fun)
hack to implement.

The Metasploit Framework documentation page now contains links to numerous
third-party resources. If you haven't seen the Whoppix flash-based
videos, you are definitely missing out. If you are aware of any other
information resource that we have not listed (user guides, howto's, etc),
please let me know off-list.
 - http://metasploit.com/projects/Framework/documentation.html

I will be presenting at the FIRST (www.first.org) conference in Singapore
on June 30th, if you are going to be in town and want to grab a drink,
please drop me an email. Additionally, I will be giving a short talk at
the SIG^2 meeting on June 1st in Suntec City.
 - http://www.security.org.sg/

BackupExec users beware, the new Metasploit module (backupexec_agent) is
able to compromise all BackupExec 9.x/10.x Windows agents without any
guesswork. Thanks to Pedram Amini (www.openrce.org, pedram.redhive.com),
we will be releasing an exploit module for the registry access flaw in
the near future.

-HD