Metasploit mailing list archives

Oracle Exploit broken?

From: hdm at metasploit.com (H D Moore)
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 16:44:40 -0600

Could you try using a different payload, such as win32_reverse or
win32_bind_metepreter? It sounds like the exploit is working fine, but
something is killing the exploited process, causing the command shell to
exit. I have tested locally on Windows 2000 and 2003, but I primarily use
the win32_reverse payloads.

When using the bind payloads with exploits that allow re-exploitation,
keep in mind that you *must* change the LPORT value between each attempt.
The reason is that the previous exploit run is still "using" the socket,
so the new payload can't bind to it. The handler still sees the old
socket as open, connects to it, and gives you a "shell" that does not
respond to commands.

-HD