Metasploit mailing list archives

Version 2.3 Updates - March 3, 2005

From: hdm at metasploit.com (H D Moore)
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 05:45:25 -0600

Hello everyone,

On February 20th, we published the first research article on the
metasploit.com web site. This article investigates the default security
settings of the Arkeia Network Backup Client and leads up to the new
arkia_agent_access.pm exploit module. In addition, we released two
reliable exploits for Arkeia "Type 77" buffer overflow. These modules
include a "check" command that will identify vulnerable Arkeia systems
and display a ton of useful information about the remote system.
- http://metasploit.com/research/arkeia_agent/

A few hours ago, three new exploits were added to the msfupdate system,
framework snapshot, and web archive. Two of these exploits are for the
recently published Computer Associates License Client/Server
vulnerabilities. The CA License Client listens on TCP port 10203 and is
enabled by default on every single product sold by CA. If you are using
eTrust, Unicenter, BrightStor, or anything else with the CA name on it,
you should really start patching:
- http://supportconnectw.ca.com/public/ca_common_docs/security_notice.asp

The third exploit is for a trivial stack overflow bug in the TrackerCam
webcam software. Luigi published a massive pile of bugs in this product
on February 18th and the vendor has yet to provide a fixed version. The
www.trackercam.com web site shows over one hundred "Live Cams" that are
running this software (and nearly 2500 "offline" cams)...
- http://www.osvdb.org/13953
- http://aluigi.altervista.org/adv/tcambof-adv.txt

I would like to thank everyone who has donated cash, code, hardware, or
time to the project over the last couple weeks -- there is nothing like
community support to motivate an open-source development team :-)

-HD