Metasploit mailing list archives

Version 2.3 Updates - February 2, 2005

From: hdm at metasploit.com (H D Moore)
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 05:12:52 -0600

Hello everyone,

The samba trans2open exploit for the Solaris/SPARC platform has been added
to the framework (via msfupdate or snapshot). A big thanks goes to MC and
valsmith for working out some bugs :-)

The cmd_sol_bind and cmd_irix_bind payloads have been updated to clean up
the temp services file and use pid-based file names. This should resolve
any problems with multi-exploiting the same system.

The OSVDB project has added entries for almost all of the metasploit
framework exploits. The following modules were updated with the new OSVDB
reference IDs:

 backupexec_ns.pm
 iis_w3who_overflow.pm
 imail_imap_delete.pm
 irix_lpsched_exec.pm
 mercantec_softcart.pm
 mssql2000_preauthentication.pm
 openview_omniback.pm
 solaris_dtspcd_noir.pm
 solaris_lpd_exec.pm
 solaris_ttyprompt.pm
 squid_ntlm_authenticate.pm
 webstar_ftp_user.pm

The WINS module now detects systems that have the same SP3/SP4 address as
the one posted by grutz. There have been a couple reports of the exploit
failing against SP4++ however I have not been able to reproduce this. The
WINS "worm" actually uses the same exploit vector as this module, so I
have no idea how they expected it work against 2003 systems.

The Credits module had a few minor updates, if you contributed a module to
the project (or donated via the web site and want to be listed), please
drop us a message if you don't see your name.

-HD