Metasploit mailing list archives

Version 2.3 Updates - January 22, 2005

From: hdm at metasploit.com (H D Moore)
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 15:27:40 -0600

Hello everyone,

A couple new Solaris exploits were added today, these are available via
msfupdate and the 2.3 snapshot download on the metasploit.com web site.
The samba trans2open module still needs some bugs worked out, if you have
a Solaris/SPARC box handy and would like to help, please drop me an
email :-)

[ solaris_ttyprompt ]

MC <yo[at]w00tshell.net> contributed this module, it uses the TTYPROMPT
authentication flag overwrite to gain an interactive shell on Solaris
systems. Another module is in the works that uses the pam_handler_t
overwrite to execute arbitrary code as root. A new payload has been added
to work with this module (cmd_interact), which is basically a do-nothing
payload that attaches a socket to the FindConnection handler.

[ solaris_lpd_exec ]

I finally got time to finish this module last night, it is based on
ron1n's 'remorse' exploit code. This module will scan for the correct
number of slashes needed to trick the queue name check and then execute
arbitrary commands via remorse's sendmail configuration file ninjaness.

-HD