Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: WELCOME to framework () metasploit com

From: bobismighty at gmail.com (Bob the mighty one)
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 00:57:39 -0500

hey everyone, I'm new to metasploit, tonite is my first time testing
it out. But I am having a small problem...I'm not sure if its just
because the test box is not vulnerable or what, but here is what
happens. I am trying to use the realserver_describe_linux exploit. So
I get it all set up with the options I want and then go to check and
exploit, here's the output...

msf realserver_describe_linux(win32_reverse) > check
[*] RealServer Version 8.0.2.471 (win32)
msf realserver_describe_linux(win32_reverse) > exploit
[*] Starting Reverse Handler.
[*] RealServer universal exploit launched against [censored]
[*] Kill the master rmserver pid to prevent shell disconnect
[*] Exiting Reverse Handler.

msf realserver_describe_linux(win32_reverse) >

Supposedly it is vulnerable, but it always stops right there and
doesnt connect back or anything. Any Idea on what to do? thanks alot,
I am really interested in this project, its great....if only i can get
it to work :)