Metasploit mailing list archives

MSSQL Server works only once No shell)

From: prabhatxsharma at yahoo.com (Prabhat Sharma)
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 08:43:49 -0700 (PDT)

No I could not get a shell. I just got the message
exiting bind handler and I was back at the msf
commandline.

--- mmiller at hick.org wrote:

On Fri, Oct 08, 2004 at 08:24:47AM -0700, Prabhat
Sharma wrote:
Hi,
    Is there anything that in certain
circumstances
the MSSQL server resolution exploit works only for
the
first time and then never. On one machine it
worked
more than once. But on another it worked only for
the
first time and since then I get the message:

Starting reverse handler
Trying target windows 2000 with return address
0x42b48774
Execute 'net start sqlserveragent' once access is
obtained
Exiting reverse handler

Just to confirm, did you 'net start sqlserveragent'
after getting a
shell?  I don't really know much about this specific
expoit, but I
assume this restarts the listener such that you can
exploit it again in
the future.  If did you run that command, did you
get an error or did it
succeed?