Metasploit mailing list archives

mssql testing

From: hdm at metasploit.com (H D Moore)
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 15:26:11 -0600

On Sunday 14 November 2004 12:21, Neil wrote:
Hey guys,

I conducted vulnerability test against our machines using the latest
Nessus. It tells that our MSSQL is vulnerable. Below is more info.

Am I correct that metasploit's 2 mssql exploit will not work for this
kind of vulnerability? If so, how can we make use of metasploit to
prove system is vulnerable? Are there other exploit that can be used
against this vulnerability?

Either of the MSSQL exploits in the framework should work against this
system. If they do not, please let us know the operating system, service
pack level, and patch level of the MSSQL server.

-HD