Metasploit mailing list archives

Security Focus Articles

From: hdm at metasploit.com (H D Moore)
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 16:11:12 -0500

Hello everyone,

Apologies for the lack of updates recently,  we have been cranking through
the v2.2 release and haven't had much time left for exploit development.
Security Focus published two parts of a three-part article on the
Metasploit Framework, available at the following URLs:

http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1789
http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1790

Spoonm and I will be speaking at Black Hat and Defcon this year, both
talks will be somewhat related to the Metasploit Framework and attendees
will be provided with early-access copies of version 2.2. If you have any
suggestions for the project or would just like to grab a beer with the
developers, shoot us an email at msfdev[at]metasploit.com.

Highlights of the upcoming 2.2 release include:

- Inclusion of the new win32 DLL injection payloads (VNC, etc)
- User-specific module directories for system-wide installs
- A robust online update tool for syncing the latest modules
- Spoonm's ShikataGaNai x86 decoder (2 million combinations)
- Handful of new exploits, including a few non-x86 modules
- More improvements to msfconsole, msfweb, msfcli
- Development documentation with example code

-HD