Information Security News mailing list archives

Potential data breach reported at hard-hit Ontario long-term care home

From: InfoSec News <alerts () infosecnews org>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2020 05:41:06 +0000 (UTC)

https://www.infosecnews.org/potential-data-breach-reported-at-hard-hit-ontario-long-term-care-home/

By William Knowles @c4i
Senior Editor
InfoSec News
May 11, 2020

Ontario's Minister of Long-term Care Dr. Merrilee Fullerton reported a potential data breach at a Pickering, Ontario long-term care home on Saturday evening on Twitter.

"I'm learning of disturbing news out of Pickering's Orchard Villa LTC home. There is a possibility of a significant privacy breach regarding individual resident personal health info. My heart goes out to the residents and families, during what is already a very difficult time"

Dr. Fullerton tweets "Our government takes personal privacy very seriously, and we are continuing to monitor this situation closely. I have been in contact with Peter Bethlenfalvy and we both share feelings of frustration and sadness at this recent development."

[...]

--
Subscribe to InfoSec News
https://www.infosecnews.org/subscribe-to-infosec-news/