Information Security News mailing list archives

Cognizant confirms Maze ransomware attack, says customers face disruption

From: InfoSec News <alerts () infosecnews org>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2020 10:13:20 +0000 (UTC)

https://techcrunch.com/2020/04/18/cognizant-maze-ransomware/

By Zack Whittaker, Manish Singh
TechCrunch.com
April 18, 2020

Cognizant, one of the largest tech and consulting companies in the Fortune 500, has confirmed it was hit by a ransomware attack.

Details remain slim besides a brief statement on its site, confirming the incident.

“Cognizant can confirm that a security incident involving our internal systems, and causing service disruptions for some of our clients, is the result of a Maze ransomware attack,” the statement read. “Our internal security teams, supplemented by leading cyber defense firms, are actively taking steps to contain this incident.”

The New Jersey-headquartered IT giant said it was engaging with the law enforcement.

The company, which offers a range of services including IT consultation to clients in more than 80 countries, posted $16.8 billion in revenue last year. The decades-old firm also maintains a business agreement with Facebook to help the social giant moderate content on its platform. Cognizant employs about 290,000 people, most of whom live in India.

[...]
--
Subscribe to InfoSec News
https://www.infosecnews.org/subscribe-to-infosec-news/