Information Security News mailing list archives

Australia is getting a new cybersecurity strategy

From: InfoSec News <alerts () infosecnews org>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2019 09:39:51 +0000 (UTC)

https://www.zdnet.com/article/australia-is-getting-a-new-cybersecurity-strategy/

By Asha Barbaschow
ZDNet News
September 6, 2019

The federal government wants an updated strategy to cover the current cyber threat climate, publishing a discussion paper [PDF] that seeks to gain a better understanding of the magnitude of the threats faced by Australian businesses and families, saying that as the threat evolves, so too must government's response.

The Australian government in April 2016 launched the country's current cybersecurity strategy, handing over AU$230 million to the cause.

"Despite making strong progress against the goals set in 2016, the threat environment has changed significantly and we need to adapt our approach to improve the security of business and the community," Minister for Home Affairs Peter Dutton is attributed as saying in the discussion paper's foreword.

"Australia must position itself as a world leader in cyber threat detection, prevention and response. This means government and industry will need to work closer together than ever before."

[...]

--
Subscribe to InfoSec News
https://www.infosecnews.org/subscribe-to-infosec-news/