Information Security News mailing list archives

FBI Director Christopher Wray: 'Today's cybersecurity threat is bigger than government itself'

From: InfoSec News <alerts () infosecnews org>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2019 07:18:15 +0000 (UTC)

https://www.healthcareitnews.com/news/fbi-director-christopher-wray-today%E2%80%99s-cybersecurity-threat-bigger-government-itself

By Tom Sullivan
Healthcare IT News
March 05, 2019

SAN FRANCISCO -- Christopher Wray, the director of the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation, struck a cautious tone on Tuesday morning here at RSA 2019 and he called for more cooperation to tackle the cybersecurity problem.

"Today's cyberthreat is bigger than any one government agency -- in fact it’s bigger than the government itself," Wray said. "The scope, breadth, depth, sophistication and diversity of the threat we face now is unlike anything we’ve had in our lifetimes.:"

Wray pointed to multinationals, criminal organizations, hacktavists, insider threats, China and North Korea all as among the most pressing issues as well as the blended threat of foreign intelligence units enlisting the help of hackers.

He said that cyber, perhaps more than any other area, is where public-private cooperation is needed for everyone’s sake.

[...]

--
Subscribe to InfoSec News
https://www.infosecnews.org/subscribe-to-infosec-news/