Information Security News mailing list archives

Coast Guard Academy Launches New Cyber Systems Major, $1.3M Cyber Lab

From: InfoSec News <alerts () infosecnews org>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2018 09:00:25 +0000 (UTC)

https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/Coast-Guard-Academy-Launches-Cyber-Systems-Major-13M-Cyber-Lab-497289001.html

By Heather Burian
nbcconnecticut.com
Oct 12, 2018

A brand-new cyber lab at the Coast Guard Academy in New London is going to help better train cadets and give them opportunities for hands-on learning.

"I was hoping there would be a cyber major when I applied, so hearing there was news of it, I was all over it," said Fourth Class Cadet Nick Epstein of Elkridge, Maryland.

He’s part of the Coast Guard Academy Class of 2022 and declared the brand-new cyber systems major as his intended major, making him part of the inaugural class.

He’ll be working in a new $1.3 million state-of-the-art cyber lab.

[...]

--
Subscribe to InfoSec News
https://www.infosecnews.org/subscribe-to-infosec-news/