Information Security News mailing list archives

TSA Unveils Cybersecurity Roadmap

From: InfoSec News <alerts () infosecnews org>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2018 09:37:37 +0000 (UTC)

https://www.nextgov.com/cybersecurity/2018/12/tsa-unveils-cybersecurity-roadmap/153295/

By Frank Konkel
Executive Editor
Nextgov
12/05/2018

The Transportation Security Administration this week released a cybersecurity roadmap that will help prioritize cybersecurity measures within the agency and potentially across airports and other systems in the transportation sector.

The roadmap -- the agency's first-aligns with the Homeland Security Department's cybersecurity strategy, and puts the agency on a path to ensure critical cyber and physical dangers to the transportation infrastructure are addressed.

"TSA is responsible for securing the nation's transportation systems from all threats -- both physical and cyber," TSA Administrator David Pekoske said in a statement. "Because the consequences of both physical and cyberattacks can be equally damaging, we must be prepared to respond to cyber threats with the same level of success as we do when faced with physical threats."

[...]

--
Subscribe to InfoSec News
https://www.infosecnews.org/subscribe-to-infosec-news/