Information Security News mailing list archives

NSA Cyber Chief Says Companies Are Losing Ground Against Adversaries

From: InfoSec News <alerts () infosecnews org>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2018 09:40:02 +0000 (UTC)

https://www.wsj.com/articles/nsa-cyber-chief-says-companies-are-losing-ground-against-adversaries-11544548614

By Angus Loten
The Wall Street Journal
Dec. 11, 2018

NEW YORK -- Are we winning the war to protect data? Not according to Rob Joyce, the National Security Agency's senior adviser on cybersecurity strategy. Corporate leaders face increasing challenges in safeguarding their online systems and data, he said.

"The trend is going the wrong way," Mr. Joyce told security experts and other enterprise information-technology officials Tuesday at the WSJ Pro Cybersecurity Executive Forum in New York.

"It's not getting better, it's getting worse," he said, urging firms to be more vigilant in protecting applications, systems and infrastructure.

While some security threats have been known for a long time, responding to them has been a slow process, he said.

"We've put a lot of important things into technology and we may not have done everything necessary to protect that technology," he said, citing baked-in security features, stronger passwords and other measures.

[...]

--
Subscribe to InfoSec News
https://www.infosecnews.org/subscribe-to-infosec-news/