Information Security News mailing list archives

Hackfest 2015: Call For Papers!

From: InfoSec News <alerts () infosecnews org>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2015 14:50:01 +0000 (UTC)

Hackfest 2015, November 6-7th
Quebec City, Canada
http://www.hackfest.ca/en/cfp

ANSWER THE CALL FOR PAPERS

Hackfest.ca is the largest IT security event in eastern Canada and a bilingual event (French and English, even if you only speak English, Hackfest is the perfect place for you, 99% of our attendees speaks it too!) where a social and friendly crowd of over 600 people gathers every year. We welcome each year local and international speakers in Quebec City, Canada, for 2 extraordinary days.

What makes it so unique?
The wide range of topics, our unique speakers and also our awesome participants and the ease of discussion with them. Among the participants, we find young professionals, students, hobbyists and influencers/managers of public and private sectors of the province and the surroundings.

Hackfest.ca is ideal to:
– Share your ideas and expertise in technical defense and hacking with IT professionals
– Present a personal or academic research
– Introduce us to new defense or hacking tools or techniques you master

To answer the CFP please follow up these instruction:

Send an email to: conferences () hackfest ca with the following information:
– Your First and Last names
– Your email and contact informations (twitter, linkedin, etc.)
– Your conference title/subject
– Your bio and photo
– Abstract of your conference (Max 250 words)
– Conference type: 50 minutes (normal), 20 (speed), workshop (60 to 180 minutes)
– Why would like to present your conference at Hackfest.ca ?
– Requirements: besides the following: power, projector with VGA input and internet connectivity

--
Evident.io - Continuous Cloud Security for AWS.
Identify and mitigate risks in 5 minutes or less.