Information Security News mailing list archives

'CSI: Cyber' review: Hackwork

From: InfoSec News <alerts () infosecnews org>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2015 09:41:28 +0000 (UTC)

http://www.nj.com/entertainment/tv/index.ssf/2015/03/csi_cyber_review_patricia_arquette_cbs.html

By Vicki Hyman
NJ Advance Media for NJ.com
March 04, 2015

Thank goodness Patricia Arquette just won an Oscar, because otherwise I'd really have nothing to say about "CSI: Cyber."

The newest "CSI" franchise, which debuts on CBS tonight at 10 p.m., is about the FBI's cyber crime division, comes with all the series' high-tech visual flourishes and stars "Boyhood" star Arquette, who, um, just won an Oscar. Yeah.

Oh! This time, the Who theme song is "I Can See For Miles."

I'm not saying "CSI: Cyber" isn't worth watching. I'm just saying there's not a heck of a lot to say about it. (The original flavor "CSI" is still plugging away after 15 years, while the Miami and New York franchises lasted 10 and 9 seasons, respectively. The latest entry is a bit different in that there's a lot of people peering at computer screens instead of into microscopes.

[...]

--
Evident.io - Continuous Cloud Security for AWS.
Identify and mitigate risks in 5 minutes or less.