Information Security News mailing list archives

Do We Need to ‘Disrupt’ the Cybersecurity Status Quo?

From: InfoSec News <alerts () infosecnews org>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 11:40:35 +0000 (UTC)

http://www.nextgov.com/cybersecurity/2014/09/do-we-need-disrupt-cybersecurity-status-quo/95150/

By Jessica Herrera-Flanigan
Nextgov.com
September 25, 2014

Next Wednesday marks the beginning of the 11th annual Cybersecurity Awareness Month.

The Department of Homeland Security says the month is designed to “engage and educate public and private sector partners through events and initiatives with the goal of raising awareness about cybersecurity and increasing the resiliency of the nation in the event of a cyber incident.”

In anticipation of the celebration – the National Cyber Security Alliance has deemed it something to “celebrate.”

I have not written a great deal in the last several months about cybersecurity. In fact, one of my posts earlier this year noted that it seemed as if there was cybersecurity overkill going on, and I wanted to step back and take a deep breath and do an inventory of cybersecurity policy.

[...]

--
Evident.io - Continuous Cloud Security for AWS.
Identify and mitigate risks in 5 minutes or less.