Information Security News mailing list archives

The Fall of Hacker Groups

From: InfoSec News <alerts () infosecnews org>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2014 06:51:20 +0000 (UTC)

http://phrack.org/papers/fall_of_groups.html

By Strauss
Phrack.org
April 4, 2014

--[ 1 - Introduction

The earlier, bigger part of hacking history often had congregations as protagonists. From CCC in the early 80s to TESO in the 2000s, through LoD, MoD, cDc, L0pht, and the many other sung and unsung teams of hacker heroes, our culture was created, shaped, and immortalized by their articles, tools, and actions.

This article discusses why recently we do not see many hacker groups anymore, and why the ones we do, such as Anonymous and its satellite efforts, do not succeed in having the same cultural impact as their forefathers.

[...]

--
Subscribe to InfoSec News
http://www.infosecnews.org/subscribe-to-infosec-news/