Information Security News mailing list archives

CFP - Call for Papers for the 4th BayThreat security conference

From: InfoSec News <alerts () infosecnews org>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 08:14:28 +0000 (UTC)

http://www.baythreat.org/cfp.html

The Call for Papers for the 4th BayThreat security conference is open!

BayThreat is a 2 day event in the Bay Area, CA, December 6th & 7th. The BayThreat team is taking the theme for BayThreat 4 back to the classics: "Building & Breaking Security." Two tracks, each tackling opposite sides of the security fence.

Most importantly, however, all of the talks must be ACTIONABLE. Speakers must strive to educate the audience, and then provide take-home advice that leads to the participants actually DOING something. (Taking a speech you've done elsewhere earlier in the year and translating it into actionable items would work.) Also, be forewarned that this audience has been known to be particularly inhospitable towards sales pitches.

Our speakers will receive special badges, free admission for themselves and a guest, and a BayThreat t-shirt. As we expect most of the participants to be local, travel will not be compensated, but we are ready to make recommendations and help you make your arrangements.

Previous conference topics have included:

Mobile Security
Internet Infrastructure
Hardware
Incident Response
Lockpicking
Botnets and Malware
Game Hacking
Social Engineering
Attacks, Persistence, Exfiltration
We look forward to reading about what you've been working on!

-Marisa Fagan (Speaker Coordinator)

Submission Form

Send your submission via email to baythreat (at) gmail.com before October 28th. Good early submissions will be accepted as they come in; we will close early if we fill the slots.

Name:
Contact info:
Topic Background:
Title:
Synopsis:
Duration: (20 or 40 minutes)
Shirt Size:

--
Find the best InfoSec talent without breaking your
recruiting budget! Post a Job, $99 for 31 days.