Information Security News mailing list archives

ToorCon Seattle CFP & Registration

From: InfoSec News <alerts () infosecnews org>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 01:02:38 -0500 (CDT)

http://seattle.toorcon.net/cfp/

Call For Papers

Papers and presentations are being accepted for ToorCon Seattle to be held at Neumos and around the city in Seattle, WA on July 5th-7th, 2013. To submit a talk to ToorCon Seattle, please fill out the submission form below. Submissions will be accepted until June 21st, 2013.

Submission of Papers

ToorCon only accepts papers on new technologies and methodologies that have been recently developed in the area of computer security. We will not accept papers that have already been presented prior to 2013 unless they present fundamental concepts or conform to any of the outlined topics below.

Special consideration will be given to papers addressing the following topics:

Reverse Engineering
Protocol Analysis
Advanced Exploitation
Cryptography
Hardware Hacks
Wireless & RF Attacks

All conference talks should be submitted for 20 minutes in length. We will provide a separate room for Q&A afterwards, but we are trying to fit a lot of talks into one day so we will be strict in only giving you 20 minutes for your talk. Keep in mind that we are trying to keep the conference small and focus more on the interaction between people than the typical one-way interaction of most conferences. Try to make your 20 minute talk a summary of your work that a technical person can understand and if they want more in-depth details they’ll have the whole weekend to ask.

We will also be offering 40 minute workshops on Sunday at various bars around town and cycling the attendees through each of the workshops. If you are interested in teaching some new hands-on skills or just setting up some hardware and letting people play with it, we encourage you to submit something.

We will provide a VGA/DVI hookup for presenters which will display their presentation on the projectors and screens throughout the club. If you require any additional equipment from us, please ask.

All talks must be vendor neutral, while speakers are welcome to present on behalf of a company – sales pitches will be thrown out.

Please submit all talk submissions through the form below. We will contact you once your talk has been reviewed.

Remuneration

For each chosen presentation ToorCon will give the speaker free admission to the conference. If for some reason we are unable to fit your talk in and it is a good submission, we will give you the option of registering as an attendee instead. Under all of these circumstances your registration benefits would include the following:

Access to all ToorCon Seattle Events
Program Bill
Commemorative T-Shirt
Free drinks at all Events

Visit the InfoSec News Security Bookstore
Best Selling Security Books and More!
http://www.shopinfosecnews.org