Information Security News mailing list archives

Call for Papers - LayerOne 2013 Security Conference

From: InfoSec News <alerts () infosecnews org>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 01:20:39 -0500 (CDT)

Forwarded from: M <mmca (at) layerone.org>

http://www.layerone.org/call-for-papers/

LayerOne 2013 Security Conference
Call for Papers
The 2013 Call for Paper is currently OPEN.

LayerOne 2013 Security Conference
May 25-26, 2013
Monrovia, California
(Monrovia Doubletree)

http://layerone.org/

The ninth annual LayerOne security conference is now accepting submissions for topic and speaker selection. As always, we are interested seeing a broad range of pertinent topics, and encourage all submissions. Some of our past presentations have included:

- Cryptography & Cryptanalysis
- Exploit Development
- Forensics / Anti-Forensics Techniques
- Hardware Hacking (GSM, Proximity Cards, Access Control Systems)
- Law / Legal Issues
- Lockpicking / Safecracking / Physical Security
- Malware
- Reverse Engineering
- Virtualization

We would love to see the same breadth and depth of submissions as we have in previous years, so if you have an idea you’re on the fence about – please send it in! For a list of past presentations, visit our archives.

Please be sure to include the following information in your submission:

- Presentation name
- A one-sentence synopsis of your topic
- A longer one to three paragraph synopsis or short outline of what
  you plan on covering
- Names, email addresses and URLs of the presenter(s)
- A short (single-paragraph) biography of the presenter(s)

Once everything is ready to go, please email your submission to cfp [at] layerone [dot] org no later than March 31, 2013. You will receive notice no later than April 15, 2013 to let you know if your talk has been accepted.

As we have a single presentation track, please bear in mind that speaking slots are limited to one hour. While presenters typically divide the hour into separate presentation and Q&A sessions, you may structure your time however you see fit. If you think your presentation will run longer, or have any special requirements, please include this information in your submission and we will do our best to accommodate you.

Note: If the presentation is based upon code or a particular technique, the presenter must be one of the developers of the code or technique and be prepared to perform a demonstration.

We look forward to reviewing your submissions, and anticipate another great line-up for this year’s conference. Once again, if you have any questions about your submission, please email cfp [at] layerone [dot] org. Thank you for your interest, and we look forward to seeing you there!

Sincerely,
-The LayerOne Team

Attend #HITB2013AMS April 8th - 11th in Amsterdam.
Featuring over 42 international speakers and keynotes
by Bob Lord and Edward Schwartz http://conference.hitb.org