Information Security News mailing list archives

Ubisoft Database Compromised, Recommends Changing Passwords

From: InfoSec News <alerts () infosecnews org>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 07:39:42 +0000 (UTC)

http://www.infosecnews.org/ubisoft-database-compromised-recommends-changing-passwords/

By William Knowles
Senior Editor
InfoSec News
July 2, 2013

Ubisoft announced in a blog posting today that their systems had been hacked and recommended everyone with a Ubisoft account change their password, users can update their password here.

We recently discovered that one of our Web sites was exploited to gain unauthorized access to some of our online systems. We instantly took steps to close this off and to begin a thorough investigation with the relevant authorities, internal and external security experts, and to start restoring the integrity of any systems that may have been compromised.

During this process, we learned that data had been illegally accessed from our account database, including user names, email addresses and encrypted passwords. It’s important to note that no personal payment information is stored with Ubisoft, so fortunately all credit/debit card information was safe from this intrusion.

We would also recommend that you change your password on any other Web site or service where you use the same or a similar password to help ensure the safety of your personal information.

[...]

--
Visit the new and improved InfoSec News website
http://www.infosecnews.org/