Information Security News mailing list archives

Adobe's first CSO sets security of hosted services as top priority

From: InfoSec News <alerts () infosecnews org>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 04:32:41 -0500 (CDT)

https://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9238687/Adobe_s_first_CSO_sets_security_of_hosted_services_as_top_priority

By Lucian Constantin
IDG News Service
April 25, 2013

Adobe Systems has appointed Brad Arkin, the company's senior director of security for products and services, to become its first CSO. With a mature product security program already in place, the top priorities for Adobe's new security chief are to strengthen the security of the company's hosted services and its internal infrastructure.

For the past several years, Arkin has overseen Adobe's software product security efforts as leader of the Adobe Secure Software Engineering Team (ASSET) and the Adobe Product Security Incident Response Team (PSIRT). During this time, Adobe Reader and Flash Player, two applications that are frequently targeted by attackers due to their large user base, have received significant security improvements including anti-exploitation mechanisms like sandboxing and silent automatic updates.

While the secure software engineering work will continue, Arkin's focus is strengthening the security of the company's hosted services, like the Adobe Creative Cloud and the Adobe Marketing Cloud.

"I think that our secure product lifecycle and the work we've been doing with our shrinkwrapped products is very mature," Arkin said. "We've been doing this for years now."

[...]

Visit the InfoSec News Security Bookstore
Best Selling Security Books and More!
http://www.shopinfosecnews.org